DandeCoffee - Gourmet coffee alternative - 4 oz jar
This alternative to coffee is made with roasted dandelion root and fermented cocoa bean, in such a proportion that the cocoa is only vaguely distinguishable in the flavor of the beverage, but provides an aroma that inspires one to think of a chocolate coffee. Sometimes a hint of dandelion can be detected in the aroma. Once well dissolved in the beverage, this combination of cocoa and dandelion becomes a beverage very similar in texture, consistency and bitter taste to coffee.
PREPARATION OF THE DRINK:
For best results use boiling water and let stand for a few minutes until the temperature drops. Then filter.
You can prepare this beverage in the same way that you prepare an
- American coffee and after a few minutes filter it.
- You can use an Italian coffee maker,
- or an electric coffee maker with a paper filter.
- Another way to prepare it is the same way you prepare a tea and filter it.
- Personally my favorite way is to let it settle - like Turkish coffee. Dandelion root and cocoa are very pleasant to chew and eat. And the surprise was, alike the Turkish coffee, look what was at the bottom of the cup the first time I brewed it: almost like a mandala, others might say an omen, or a giraffe's neck, my kids say.
- Of course you can use your favorite milk or milk alternative instead of water.